Saturday, October 20, 2007

Prayer request

As we told you, we had an interesting day at the visa medical exam yesterday. Then, this morning, Shiyan called us to let us know that the report written by the doctors may suggest that Zach's problem is more serious and complicated than just a minor special need. This could cause a problem, since our home study addendum says that we are willing to adopt a child with minor special needs. If the medical report says the need is more major and the home study says "minor," Shiyan is concerned that they won't accept our application. We added a line to our I600 application that states that we are aware of the different medical possibilities for the limp. She is hoping that this will avoid any problems.

Obviously, we can't know what the problem is until we get home. Steve spoke to the doctor traveling with us and he said that the reason given by the doctors yesterday is certainly a possibility. However, if it is, it usually gets better, not worse. He also said that the doctors at Gillette specialize in this, as well. We are praising God that he is here with us because he also told us he would pull some strings to get us in to see the doctors we need to see there.

Thanks for praying for us! We know it will all work out. In the meantime, it is an added stress that we need peace about.

NOTE: These last two posts are actually posted by me from China! However, I am going to let Megan add the pictures to the first one, since all my instructions are in Chinese, and I have no clue which one is telling me I can add a picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for all of you as you make this final journey home. I am sure you can't wait to get home and getting back to "normal" (whatever that may be). God is so awesome that he put someone in your group that has connections. Thank you so much for your diligent work on postings. It has been incredible to be on this journey with you. We will continue to pray for you and your family while you learn all about your new family life. May God's peace and love fill you during the next few hours, days, etc.
Kimberly Carroll

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

We will continue to pray and pray that everything goes well with all the paperwork and no delays so that you can leave as planned on that date. I have never had a broken leg but I have a walk that is a bit unique, slightly noticeable, and my friends in high school sometimes called me "duck" because they said I waddled. Sometimes we have bumps when everything has been so smooth but God can still use these bumps for His glory and testimony of your family to those who are watching..in China, and here. God bless.
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Cindy and Steve,
I didnt know how else to tell you but my moms mom the one with cancer passed earlier today. We have been praying for you and wishing you the best.

Love,Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Steve and Cindy,

We will pray for the Visa to come through with no hassles. God has brought you this far and He will take care of things the rest of the way. We need to "cast all our cares on Him because He cares for us." I know you know the verse, just thought a reminder might help!
I am looking forward to meeting your son!
Patti