Friday, April 27, 2007

Another month down

I have to say that when the referrals came out at the beginning of April, I was discouraged. The China Center for Adoption Affairs sent out referrals to cover two LIDs (dossiers logged in on October 25th and 26th) for the entire month of March. It was hard not to be disappointed about that. Also, as I shared earlier, our dossier was sent to China exactly 5 years after our dossier was sent requesting Katie (3/8/01 and 3/8/06). Yesterday, April 26, was exactly 5 years after we received our referral for Katie. It's hard knowing that we may have another year to wait for our next child.

But, we are one month closer to our referral. We just don't know how many months we are supposed to wait. God does, though, and this is all in His perfect plan. I can hardly wait to see our child's picture for the first time and finally know who we are waiting for! What an awesome day that will be!

On the brighter side, since we are now looking for a car for Steve, after his Camry broke down on the way to Duluth on Wednesday (it will stay in Duluth, too), I guess we are thankful that we have another year to gather our expenses for this adoption!

As we get to the end of April and the next batch of referrals, I pray for more than two days of LIDs to be referred. Maybe if I keep my requests simple, it will be harder to be disappointed...

Thanks to everyone for praying for peace for us in the wait. We really appreciate you!

No comments: