Friday, August 24, 2007

We have our LOA!

Well, Steve teases me about using acronyms, but we have our LOA! I honestly don't know exactly what LOA stands for. I think it is Letter of Acceptance. But it might be Letter of Approval. I DO know it is our LOA!!!

Our Social Worker told us that we should receive our Travel Approval (TA :-) in about a month. After that, it depends on when we can get a Consulate Appointment (CA). In the second half of October, there is a trade show in Guangzhou. This is where the US Consulate is and where we finish our trip. If they can get a CA before the trade show begins, then we should travel the first two weeks of October. If not, we may not travel until the last week of October, since we start out in Beijing and the province, then go to Guangzhou the first week of November. We will just have to wait and see.

Please pray, too, for Steve's mother. She is not doing well in her fight with cancer. She now has hospice care and is getting much weaker. If it is a possibility that she may pass away during the time we are in China, Steve will stay home to be with his father and brother. I will still bring the girls and my sister as we originally planned. God has a plan for us and I trust that, whether Steve is able to travel with us or if he needs to stay home, that God's plan is perfect and for our good. It will be hard on both of us, but God will give us each the grace to get us through.

On a lighter note, I thought I would post pictures of our trip to our friend's cabin. We relaxed and swam a lot. Baylee never stopped moving until the night before we left. If there was a ball nearby, she wanted it thrown into the water for her to retrieve it. Non-stop!




No comments: